Meet Graeme and Anne in a discussion about their new novel, Two Steps Onward, a follow-up to Two Steps Forwards. In person, bar open from 5.30pm. Online event from 6.30pm.
Preparing Your Work for Submission (‘The End’ is Only the Beginning)
$35 – $50
You’ve typed ‘The End’ and you’re ready to submit. What next? How do you pitch your manuscript to a publisher or agent to ensure the best chance of success? How can you take advantage of awards and competitions? Why is networking in your writing community so important? (and how do you do it?) Practical aspects: writing exercises and discussion; cover letter; synopsis; useful tips and industry contacts; receiving rejection; how to be a good literary citizen.
Finding Your Voice (Characterisation)
$35 – $50
In this workshop, you will explore how to:
* listen to your character and find their voice
* build your character through dialogue and movement
* give substance through backstory, experiences and childhood memories
* plot the external and internal (emotional) life of your character
* examine how setting, time and place impact on your character
* engage the reader and invest them in your character’s journey
* discuss authors who write great characterisation